Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Congrats! You're a Mom! Here's a Moo-Moo!

My cousin just recently had a baby.  Little does she know that now that she's a mother her wardrobe is going to be inspected for any unacceptable articles of clothing and handed a moo-moo.  Not really, but according to this baiting post that's what should happen.
"Mini dresses look pretty risque on anyone, but on moms they're just unacceptable."  
On moms they're unacceptable?  Wow.  @%#$ you lady.

Who did she think she was?  Did she just tell us that because we're moms we have to wear saggy bottom Mom Jeans?  Hundreds of other moms apparently felt the same way.  They called her a prude, and a conservative (ooh, that had to sting).  Young moms vehemently argued that they "look good!".  I was right there with them.  Roar!  Let me at her via this little blue comment box!  

Had she not made it all about mothers she probably would have had less rage thrown in her direction.  Daisy dukes and jeggings are arguably more acceptable than the rest of the items she listed.  Hot pants, micro-mini skirts, and see-through shirts aren't acceptable on A LOT of women, not just moms.  Then again it comes down to whether or not it's an appropriate time & place rather than parental status.

Women have a difficult time as it is when trying to get comfortable in their own skin.  After having children, our bodies betray us in ways we never thought possible, and we have to once again figure out a way to be comfortable in what seems to be a completely different body. Putting on a mini-dress to go to a party takes guts - appropriate or not, that's 1 in the win column for most women. Slapping moms in the face for that, but saying it's "risque" for women that aren't moms, is what's unacceptable.

My wardrobe is changing for my own reasons.  Because I'm a mom?  No, because I'm a thirty-four twenty-nine year old professional, who doesn't want her ass hanging out of her shorts.  I no longer want to tug at my skirt every five seconds to make sure my hoo-ha isn't showing when I sit down.  And I don't want to bounce three times anymore to get my jeggings pulled all the way up (seriously, even for thin people those things are tight as all-get-out).

You can sure as hell count on me looking for a mini-dress now, though, because sometimes this hot mama needs to get a little risque.  Keep your stupid moo-moo, hag.


5 comments:

  1. I think a lot of females could use a lesson in how to dress appropriately. I sometimes wonder if certain people looked in the mirror at all before they left the house. I mean, I KNOW they did, but what did they see? Tasteful dress has gone out the window for far too many folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you say folks, are you including men? Because there are very very few men out there that appear as if they give a crap about looking like a GROWN MAN. They may not have their ass cheeks hanging out (yes I'm aware some do but I'm not going there) but there are too many thirty-something guys out there dressing like 19 year olds.

      Ooh...next topic to post about.

      Delete
    2. Oh I definitely include both genders in my comment. I mention females but it applies to men just as easily. Every time I see someone with their pants UNDER their ass and still wearing a belt I want to punch them in the face.

      Delete
    3. I want to push them over and see if they can balance fast enough to stay upright. It looks like it would be just too easy.

      Delete